Some people have new year’s resolutions, some choose a theme word for the year, and some avoid all of the new year stuff altogether. I fall somewhere in the middle… or maybe to an extreme depending on how you see it.
I was inspired by Gretchen Rubin’s 22 in 2022 list and decided to create a sort of bucket list of things I want to do in 2023. These are things I’m excited about wanting to do, learn, or implement in my life throughout the year. Things that I believe will help me live a happier and healthier life.
Creating Your Own 23 in 2023 List
If you’re thinking about creating your own list but you’re intimidated by it, try not to overthink it. Last year, I started a 22 for 2022 list in July. Since we were over halfway through the year, I didn’t commit to 22 things but ended up with 15 items. Out of those 15 items, 6 of them I’ve rolled over into the new year.
Don’t sweat it if you don’t get all of them done. Rather, think of this list as a reminder for you of things you want to do. Maybe by the end of the year there will be some things you won’t want to do anymore, and that’s okay! Our wants and needs change as we enter different seasons of life. I tried to keep my focus on things that would make me happy and excited to do throughout the year.
My 23 in 2023 Bucket List
- Read through the entire bible this year
- I purchased a book to help guide me through it linked here. I don’t really have a review on it yet because I just started! The reviews for it on Amazon are why I chose it. I like the fact that there were only 6 days of reading each week to allow for catching up if need be.
- Keep my financials updated by the 5th of each month
- I’ll be sharing more in-depth on how I plan to hold myself accountable for this. I work well on a rewards-based system…. just like a puppy or a child.
- Get my CDL
- Josh is planning to be my instructor, pray for me.
- Create an evening ritual
- I’m terrible at washing makeup off and settling down at night-this is one I know will help me live a more happy and healthy life.
- Write our will
- Something that was on my list last year that we just have to do.
- Send one note of encouragement per month
- Last year I did this one time. It filled my cup… so I want to do it more often!
- Launch Grounded Journals
- This was also on last year’s list… and it’s looking like this will be one of the first for me to check off this year’s list!
- Organize and structure my businesses with my financial advisor
- I’m figuring out which is the best option for me and working through it. It’s a stress point so I want to get it done!
- Print a photo book from our wedding
- This was also on last year’s list. I know I would love to have it, just have to sit down and do it.
- Straighten my teeth
- I’ve always had dental issues and some stemming from my teeth needing to be straightened….. again.
- Get new glasses
- I’ve been putting this off. Since I got into a bike accident this summer, I’ve seen the reminder scratch in my left lens every single day.
- Go on a getaway with Josh
- I was going to put a stipulation on it that it couldn’t be for the farm…. but hey if it’s a write-off, I don’t mind.
- Go to 10 in-person yoga sessions
- Also from last year’s list. Something I’ve been wanting to do for my own well-being.
- Plan 6 special days with each of the kids individually throughout the year
- So, 12 total. Basically one day a month will be a special day for one of the kids. Hoping to do more, but this is a goal.
- Write once weekly blogs on my website
- Holding myself accountable for this one will be the toughest, but I really want to put more effort into my blog and email list. It brings me joy.
- Learn how to use my pressure canner
- Josh got me a pressure canner for Christmas and I’m SO pumped to learn how to use it!
- Try out block scheduling for my home days
- I laugh at myself for writing this one down because of how unorganized my days are, but I struggle on the days I’m working at home in my office AND the days I have the kids home with me. I at least want to give a more structured schedule a try and see how it goes for me.
- Develop more on “Thrive through your season”
- I really enjoyed creating content for helping women thrive through harvest. I’d like to expand on that theme and see where it takes me.
- Grow cutting flowers
- I grew cutting flowers for the first time last year. It was only a small patch but they brought me SO much joy. I also really enjoyed cutting bouquets to share. I’ll definitely do more this year!
I hope this helped inspire you in some way and I wish you many blessings in 2023!