- 1 15 oz can plain pumpkin puree (NOT PUMPKIN PIE MIX)
- 2 eggs
- 2 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 11 x 15.5” sheet pan or similar. I like to use a sheet pan for thinner bars so the ratio of frosting to bar is how I like it.
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 6 tbsp butter softened
- 2 Tb milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 11 x 15.5” sheet pan with nonstick spray.
2. Mix together wet ingredients by hand with a whisk (pumpkin, eggs, oil, sugar, vanilla) I hand mix everything because you don’t want to over mix.
3. In a separate bowl, mix flour, ground ginger, ground cloves, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet, mix and fold but don’t over mix.
4. Pour into the pan and bake for 20 ish minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
5. When completely cooled, frost.
6. Combine the cream cheese and butter in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the milk and powdered sugar and mix at low speed until combined. Stir in the vanilla and mix again. You may need to adjust the amount of powdered sugar until it’s spreadable.
8. Spread frosting evenly on top of bars. You may have some extra frosting but it makes a great fruit dip.