Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds. PLUCK those weeds darn it! A good mantra to start your Monday.
I worked my tail off on the garden over the weekend, working to make it feel like an actual little oasis.
A few tips if you’re new at this whole gardening thing:
- Weed after a rain, or after you water… it’s easier when the ground isn’t dry
- If you’re just starting out. Start small.
- Start with easy things like tomatoes, cucumbers, green beans, pumpkins, squash, zucchini, and some herbs.
- Buy plants that are started, not seeds… especially for tomatoes and herbs.
But when it comes to having a positive attitude and plucking those “mind weeds” I have another list of tips:
- Listen to uplifting music
- Write down 3 things you’re grateful for every morning
- Stretch/move your body
- Read a book
- Chat with a friend. My favorite is Marco Polo.
I hope you all have a great week and can keep your mind and your garden weed free!
Oh, and for all of you asking about these overalls from yesterday’s stories, they’re from Liberty Overalls. I love that they’re lightweight for summer, but I can layer them with leggings in the winter. I also love the zippered pocket for keeping my phone safe while I’m doing projects!