Are you ready for the easiest dessert recipe of your life? This dump cake is a HIT with our guys… and SO unbelievably easy to throw together.
What You’ll Need
- 2 cans of pie filling any kind, pick your flavor. My favorite go-to is Cherry because that’s my farmer’s fav.
- 1 box white or yellow cake mix
- 1 stick of cold butter
- If you’re feeling fancy, go ahead and throw some chopped nuts in with the cake mix (idea from my mother-in-law)
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF
- Spray pan with non-stick spray
- “Dump” both cans of pie filling into the pan
- Sprinkle the dry cake mix over the pie filling and even it out with your hands
- Cut up butter into small cubes and disperse over the top of the cake mix
- Bake for 50-60 minutes until the topping is golden brown
- Let cool and serve, top with whipped cream