An easy meatball recipe to throw in the freezer!
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork sausage
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 2 packets onion soup mix I've also subbed ranch dressing packets
- Preheat oven to 350 °F
- Add the ground beef & pork together in a large bowl. Go big or go home on the bowl size. I've never been upset for using too big of a bowl. Start breaking up the meats and mixing them together.
- In a seperate small bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, and onion soup mix packets.
- Add the breadcrumbs & wet ingredient mixture to the meat. Mix it all together well with your hands.
- Line a baking sheet with tin foil, spray with cooking spray. You can also cook them in a mini muffin tin.
- Use a small cookie scoop to portion out the meatballs. These are definitely miniature sized but work great for field meals because they can be eaten with a spoon.
- Bake at 350 for about 15 min- or until the interior temp of the meatballs is at least 165 °F
- Let them cool completely and portion them into freezer bags for storage.
- I like to heat mine up with an easy gravy. Combine 1 onion soup mix packet with whole milk & Sour cream for more of a swedish meatball style gravy served with rice or mashed potatoes. You can also use marinara, BBQ, or any other meatball sauce you like. These are flexible!