Thank you Dawn <3
What You’ll Need:
- 20 Tomatoes
- 10 Jalapenos (more or less depending on how much spice you like)
- 3 Onions
- 4 Garlic cloves
- 3 Green peppers
- 3 Big carrots or 1 small bag of baby carrots
- 3 Celery stalks
- 3 12 oz cans of tomato paste (4 for thicker)
- 4 Tb Sugar
- 4 Tb Salt
- 1 ½ C Vinegar
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Pepper
- Boil whole tomatoes in a large pot, just until their peels start coming off. Stop the boil, pull the tomatoes out of the pot and peel off the skins.
- Return whole tomatoes to a large kettle (8qt at least)
- Chop all the veggies- I use a food processor for everything. It makes a more fine salsa, so if you want it chunky, chop yourself.
- Add veggies and spices to tomatoes in the kettle. Cook down gently for 20-30 minutes (or longer if it’s not the consistency you like)
- Poor hot salsa mixture into prepared jars. Prepared jars have been boiled and are warm when you add the mixture.
- Then, put the caps on the jars and process them. To process, boil the jars with 1” of water covering them in the pot for 10 minutes. Turn off the burner and leave jars in hot water 5 min. Remove jars and allow them to cool on a folded towel or drying rack for 12-24 hours. You should hear the lids pop to show they sealed. If you have a jar that doesn’t seal, just throw it in the fridge and eat it first.