Being a mom is a pretty cool gig. Don’t get me wrong, it’s challenged me in many ways. As a follow up from Mother’s Day, I thought I’d share my top 5 tips for navigating farm life with a toddler. p.s. These tips apply to all moms/dads, farm or not. Pretty much any time you leave the house with a toddler, these should help.
- Always bring a diaper along, even when you don’t think you’ll need one. You most likely won’t need it, but it never fails… The one time you aren’t prepared, you’ll be sitting in the cab of a tractor with a stinky poop-filled kid on your lap ½ mile from the edge of the field. #partyover
- Snacks. You can never have enough snacks. Think you have too many? Add another one for good measure.
- Teething? Give them a good dose of your best pain meds BEFORE you leave the house. #teethingisforthebirds
- Baby wipes are “essential”. Since we love that word these days. Perfect for cleaning dirt, grease, peanut butter & jelly, and whatever else can be found on the floor of a tractor off of the kid’s face.
- Bring things to keep the child occupied. Yes, bring TOY tractors to the ACTUAL tractor. Trust me, You won’t regret it.
I hope these tips help you navigate life with your toddler… and you don’t have to learn them the hard way, after several occurrences, like me. Have a great week everyone. Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk.